Re: Figuring out the behavior of WindowProxy in the face of non-configurable properties

Yehuda and I just talked about this code and realized that we can allow
this code to proceed on the success path without violating the invariants.
However, this analysis reveals that the intent stated in the comment is
unwarranted, but even that intent can be adequately honored in the scenario
of interest.

The reason why the intent is unwarranted is that the descriptor omits
"configurable:" rather than explicitly saying "configurable: true". If the
owner object already has a configurable own property of the same name, then
a defineProperty where the "configurable:" is omitted defines an own
property preserving the configurability of the original own property.

Even if owner could not have already had an own property of this name,
owner might be an ES6 proxy whose target is, say, an empty object. The
handler's defineProperty trap could still first define a configurable own
property of this name, and then proceed with the normal logic.

Since the WindowProxy is not a Proxy, or more relevantly, even if it were a
Proxy, the underlying Window is not its target, we can even do the
following:

When the WindowProxy sees the defineProperty with the omitted
"configurable:" and determines that the underlying Window does not already
have this property. WindowProxy can even preserve the unwarranted intent
expressed in the comment by actually defining a *non-configurable* own
property on the Window itself. However, the behavior of the WindowProxy is
not observably different than our Proxy example: It acts as if it created a
configurable own property on the WindowProxy of this same name, and then
proceeds with the normal defineProperty behavior, which preserves that
alleged configurability.

--
    Cheers,
    --MarkM