Re: Privileged context features and JavaScript

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2015 10:09:44 -0400
To: Mike West <mkwst@google.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Webapps WG <public-webapps@w3.org>, public-webappsec@w3.org, public-script-coord <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On 4/17/15 2:44 AM, Mike West wrote:
> Either way, expressing the constraint via IDL seems totally reasonable.

OK, so let's say we do the "API is still present but fails somehow"
thing.  How would one express that constraint via IDL?  What would the
normative language be?  It seems like the best you can do in this
situation is an IDL annotation that has no actual behavior implications
of its own but serves as a warning to the spec reader to carefully read
the prose for what the behavior implications are, right?

I say this because I'm seeing people want to apply this to a variety of
different APIs which should do a variety of different things in the
"disabled" state, as far as I can tell.

Am I missing something and there's something more that such an
annotation could do?

-Boris