Re: Determining what prototype should be used for an object

On 11/17/14, 7:58 AM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I see what you're saying. Part of this is why I suggested that maybe
> we should move to a world where the internal slots are more explicit.
> That way a node would have an internal slot allocated to a NodeList
> which cannot be null, and therefore you can derive it has to be
> created along with the node.

Yes, but creation along with the node doesn't really say anything about
which prototype it gets...

Though we could maybe have something where creation of a node first
makes a particular Realm current and then does all the creation work,
which then automatically uses the standard prototypes from that Realm.