Re: Determining what prototype should be used for an object

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> This problem, of course, never arises in ES so far, since it's a monolithic
> spec.

I see what you're saying. Part of this is why I suggested that maybe
we should move to a world where the internal slots are more explicit.
That way a node would have an internal slot allocated to a NodeList
which cannot be null, and therefore you can derive it has to be
created along with the node. (And when I say derive, I mean that I
would expect that to be spelled out in IDL of course.)

Additional I have the hope that describing internal slots in a
consistent way helps people more clearly think about the kind of APIs
they are introducing and how they fit together. Perhaps naïve.

--
https://annevankesteren.nl/