Re: Spec for [Global] does not seem to be quite web-compatible, and none of the UAs are really compatible with each other

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 13:18:45 -0500
To: Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
On 1/9/14 1:08 PM, Erik Arvidsson wrote:
> My bad. I was referring to a different thread where someone (you?)
> wanted to move everything off of Window.prototype to the window
> instance. Let me find that thread and comment there.

OK.  The location of the event handler properties is somewhat orthogonal
to their behavior; it just happens that if they're on the proto the
behavior can be old Gecko/Blink one and still be web-compatible.

Sounds like we agree on the behavior, which is good.  The location we
can argue over in that other thread.

> Remember that it is only an issue in global code.

Yes, I know.  The bug reports we got indicated that these patterns are
quite commonly used in global code.  :(