Re: Figuring out easier readonly interfaces

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
>> I don't think so, but I could be wrong.
>
> I think you're wrong.
>
>> I think that still ends up
>> trying to do a "set" on the proxy
>
> It doesn't.  It calls some function with thisArg set to the proxy.  What
> happens after that is based on the definition of that method, not anything
> in the ES spec.  And that definition would presumably live in WebIDL.

And, regardless of what that method does, if it tries to mutate the
proxy, it'll run into one of the intercepted traps.

I suppose it doesn't stop you from mutating *other* things that are
tangentially connected to the object, and which use a setter to
trigger that logic.  Maybe that's okay?

~TJ