Re: Maybe we should think about Interface.isInterface functions again

From: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 12:39:48 -0700
Cc: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>

On Aug 7, 2013, at 12:33 PM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 8/7/13 3:11 PM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
>> assume there is some internal operation on each element, call it `[[QuerySelectorAll]]`, which is set up by `Element[@@create]`.
>> This seems pretty good to me. I hope others agree.
>
> Just to make sure I understand the behavior of @@create: it can be invoked to create new objects, but cannot be invoked on an existing object, right?

Right, @@create just creates a new, uninitialized instance of a specific kind of object (could be an exotic object with strange internal representation).  It is the responsibility  of operations upon such objects (including the constructors that initialize such instances) to recognize them and whether or not they have been properly initialized.

Allen