Re: Should ByteString be a serializable type?

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 19:14:59 -0700
To: Norbert Lindenberg <ecmascript@lindenbergsoftware.com>
On 7/28/13 11:59 AM, Norbert Lindenberg wrote:
> If I read the spec correctly, XMLHttpRequest is not serializable.

To be fair, XMLHttpRequest's definition predates the existence of
serializable bits in WebIDL.  I agree that it probably _shouldn't_ be
serializable (though likely is in WebKit/Blink because of how they
implement attributes), so the issue is somewhat unimportant at the
moment, but figured I would check in case someone defines an interface
which uses ByteString but does want to be serializable (e.g. an object
representing a subset of HTTP response headers or something).

-Boris