Re: IDL: number types

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:40:53 -0400
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Cc: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:33 PM, Domenic Denicola
<domenic@domenicdenicola.com> wrote:
> This is kind of a meta-question, but is the purpose of IDL types for C++ implementers or for JavaScript consumers?

Both in certain browser engines.

> should only be a single number type (aka "Number").

Well, we would still want a distinction between floating point,
integer, non-negative integer, floating point without Infinity,
-Infinity, or NaN, ...

I do agree we should have new types in coordination with TC39 that
match that model better and see where we can migrate existing unsigned
long to unsigned number (or some such).

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/