RE: IDL: number types

From: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:46:00 +0000
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl>
CC: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, Yehuda Katz <wycats@gmail.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
From: annevankesteren@gmail.com [annevankesteren@gmail.com] on behalf of Anne van Kesteren [annevk@annevk.nl]

>> should only be a single number type (aka "Number").

> Well, we would still want a distinction between floating point, integer, non-negative integer, floating point without Infinity, -Infinity, or NaN, ...

Why? JavaScript can't distinguish, so why should WebIDL?

"So that C++ can be generated from WebIDL" is perfectly valid answer, if that's what you're getting at.

Or is the idea that properties specified as non-negative integers should have setters that throw when you set them to negative integers or to floating point numbers?