Re: E4H compatible with string templates

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 17:28:16 -0700
To: Mike Samuel <mikesamuel@gmail.com>
Cc: Brendan Eich <brendan@secure.meer.net>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Mike Samuel <mikesamuel@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think the behavior when toString throws is specified,

valueOf can throw too, but that doesn't mean we hold off on evaluating
the syntax of if() statements until runtime.  Dealing with exceptions
is an exceptional situation (particularly in toString).

> and I'm
> not sure it specifies what happens when there is insufficient memory
> to produce the DOM.

It's exactly as well-specified as document.createElement() when
there's insufficient memory.  Hardware limitations clause, undefined
behavior, do what you want.

~TJ