Re: Coordination

On 12/04/2013 17:46 , Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 4/12/13 11:41 AM, Rick Waldron wrote:
>> I don't think it's unreasonable, I'm subscribed to (and read all of)
>> both lists—because it's important to me. I doubt I'm the only one
>> willing to bridge this gap.
>
> I'm not saying it's unreasonable for someone to be subscribed to both.
>
> I'm saying expecting _everyone_ to do it is not reasonable, given
> traffic volumes.

That's certainly true. Especially since it wouldn't involve being
subscribed to "both", but being subscribed to a rather long list of
lists: WebApps, DAP, SysApps, HTML, WHATWG, Web Audio, Web Crypto, Web
Performance, Media Capture, www-dom, SVG, a few RDF lists, and a bunch
more that I can't recall off the top of my head. And this doesn't even
get into Community Groups that might at some point move on to producing
specs.

I'd love to someone to take this on, but it's a lot to ask of anyone.

>> TC39 and other participants of es-discuss will commit to cc'ing
>> public-script-coord whenever the subject matter is appropriate.
>
> That would be awesome.

Yes, I think that would already be of great help.

>  From the other direction, I think expecting W3C spec editors to cc
> public-script-coord on basic things like "here is an API we're
> designing" is a totally reasonable expectation.  In fact, I would
> support making it part of a FPWD publication checklist.

That's the conclusion I reached too, and I'm agitating internally to see
how we could make sure it happens. A lot of people have the reflex of
thinking "Last Call" for this, but altogether too often these things are
already implemented at LC (we're lucky when they're not already shipped
when we start reviewing them...) so I agree that much sooner would be
better.

I'll take that as the plan and see if we can make it happen.