Re: New ES6 draft is available

Le 27/11/2012 11:24, Anne van Kesteren a écrit :
> On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 6:49 PM, Allen Wirfs-Brock
> <allen@wirfs-brock.com> wrote:
>> We've interested in any and all feedback. In particular, if there are any
>> Web API object features that can not be expressed in terms of the new MOP.
> (...)
>
> As for MOP, I suppose document.all is still a problem?
It is. Any object (including proxies) is a still a truthy value.
Something like value proxies [1] (not in the table for ES6) would
probably be more appropriate to make document.all self-hostable.

> And was it designed with IDL and Window/WindowProxy in mind?
I'm not 100% aware of all Window/WindowProxy intricacies, but from what
I know, Window/WindowProxies can be expressed as objects and ES6 proxies.
If you don't think that's the case, please describe cases where you know
(or have a doubt) it isn't so we can discuss that.
One goal for proxies is being able to express Web APIs in JavaScript
(with the notable exception of document.all), so it's important to know
if that's not the case.

David

[1] http://wiki.ecmascript.org/doku.php?id=strawman:value_proxies