Re: [whatwg] Document referrer and script entry point

(Please don't cross-post to WHATWG and another list, it fragments the
thread. As indeed it seems to have done in this case... I can't figure out
where the head of this thread is. I've moved this just to
public-script-coord@w3.org to avoid further fragmentation with replies.)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012, Bobby Holley wrote:

> Any WebKit folks want to weigh in on this one? Ian, what do you think
> from a spec perspective?
>
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> > On 10/9/12 9:45 AM, Bobby Holley wrote:
> >
> >> I'd like to change Gecko to implement the alternate behavior - that
> >> is to say, making document.referrer refer to the script entry point
> >> at the time of navigation.
> >
> > Specifically for navigation via the "location" object.
> >
> > It's not quite clear to me what should happen for navigation via
> > click() on an anchor or .submit() on a form, and those are a somewhat
> > separate discussion from this one.

I don't really understand the question. Surely document.referrer should
just return whatever was used in the Referer HTTP header, no?