RE: New full Unicode for ES6 idea

From: Phillips, Addison <addison@lab126.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 08:23:30 -0800
To: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.com>, Wes Garland <wes@page.ca>
CC: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "mranney@voxer.com" <mranney@voxer.com>, es-discuss discussion <es-discuss@mozilla.org>

> Normalization happens to source upstream of the JS engine. Here I'll call on a
> designated Unicode hitter. ;-)

I agree that Unicode Normalization shouldn't happen automagically in the JS engine. I rather doubt that "normalization happens to source upstream of the JS engine", unless by "upstream" you mean "best see to the normalization yourself".

By contrast, providing a method for normalizing strings would be useful.

Addison