Re: New full Unicode for ES6 idea

Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Brendan Eich:
> > To hope to make this sideshow beneficial to all the cc: list, what do
> > DOM specs use to talk about uint16 units vs. code points?
>
> I say "code unit" as a shorter way of saying "16 bit unsigned integer
> code unit"
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-code-unit
>
> (which DOM4 also links to) and then just "code point" to refer to 21
> bit numbers that might correspond to a Unicode character, which you
> can see used in
>
>   http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-obtain-unicode

Well then, you are one up on ECMA-262, and from Mark Davis's message
using canonical Unicode terms. We shall strive to align terms.

Here's another q for the DOM folks and others using WebIDL: is extending
the DOM and other specs to respect the BRS and support full Unicode
conceivable from where you sit? Desirable? Thanks.

/be