RE: variable declarations shadowing named properties on window

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 18:33:29 +0000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>
CC: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
>From: Boris Zbarsky [mailto:bzbarsky@MIT.EDU]
>
>That means that the ids/names/frame-names/whatever probably need to not
>be own properties on the global if we want var to override them.

I don't consider ids, names, frame-names, etc., to be "own properties", they are "dynamic" or "virtual" properties; said another way, they are "internal" properties to the platform object. I can't imagine an implementation that actually creates real data properties on the instance for such properties--it would be a maintenance nightmare. Am I totally off here?