Re: variable declarations shadowing named properties on window

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 20:34:41 -0500
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
CC: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>, Ojan Vafai <ojan@chromium.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
> I'm feeling like moving all the named properties of Window to an object
> on the prototype chain would work best here:
>
> Object.prototype <- Window.prototype <- [named props obj] <- window

What Gecko actually uses is more like this, I believe:

Object.prototype <- [named props obj] <- Window.prototype <- window

Note that this does not obviate the need for the no-overriding-builtins
stuff, though, because you don't want to shadow Object.prototype on the
named props object either...

So it might be possible to move the named props object to the other spot
in the proto chain.