Re: [TreatNonCallableAsNull] extended attribute

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 13:03:14 +1000
To: Anssi Kostiainen <anssi.kostiainen@nokia.com>
CC: public-script-coord@w3.org, ext Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Anssi Kostiainen:
> As per the guidance in the Web IDL spec [1], I'd like to let you know we're using [TreatNonCallableAsNull] in the Battery Status API spec [2] which is transitioning to CR.
>
> Our understanding is that until we have a lowercase function keyword (or something equivalent), we'll depend on [TreatNonCallableAsNull].
>
> The spec has multiple independent implementations, some of which are in the wild already.

Thanks for notifying the list.  As it is for consistency with legacy
behaviour – i.e. to have all event handler IDL attributes
[TreatNonCallableAsNull] – it's fine to use it.

I've mailed www-dom with my request to include a definition that
everyone can use instead of the awkward "[TreatNonCallableAsNull]
attribute Function":

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2012AprJun/0163.html