Re: Should Exceptions be Errors in the ECMAScript bindings?

On Wed, 18 Apr 2012 20:32:59 +0200, Erik Arvidsson <arv@chromium.org>
wrote:
> I assume this has been covered before but I could not find any
> previous discussion.
>
> Would it make sense to make DOM exceptions be Error objects in the
> ECMAScript bindings? The reason this came up (again) is that some
> engines provide stack traces on Error objects and developers also want
> this on DOMExceptions. If DOMExceptions where real Errors engines
> would get that feature for "free".

FWIW, if we can do this without breaking compatibility (someone has to try
it I suppose), that works for me. I think the main thing we are stuck with
is that a code member needs to exist on the exception object which needs
to be properly initialized for legacy exceptions (DOM standard has the
details). Though probably typeof checks exist as well already...

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/