Re: [Public WebGL] Re: WebGL IDL for uniform1fv is not valid WebIDL

On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 7:52 PM, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au> wrote:

> You're right about that btw; if an object implements an interface that
> supports indexed properties, then its [[GetOwnProperty]] internal method
> will never look at the prototype for array index properties, and you can
> also not create own array index properties on the object.  So I believe the
> optimisation that Glenn mentions is possible.  But I think the right thing
> here might be to make the changes to distinguishability to make this
> overloading valid.

It would be nice to be able to use JavaScript arrays and typed arrays
indistinguishably when calling native functions.  Rather than each API
defining separate entry points, having float[] imply that Float32Array is
allowed would help that, if that can be done in a way that doesn't make
implementing optimized versions for typed arrays hard.

That implies implementation work for any API taking numeric arrays.  I
don't know how many others exist that would be affected by that (if any).

--
Glenn Maynard