Re: [Public WebGL] Re: WebGL IDL for uniform1fv is not valid WebIDL

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2012 10:52:05 +1000
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>, public webgl <public_webgl@khronos.org>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
Boris Zbarsky:
> As an example, if the spec says to get the elements from the input thing
> one by one in order to construct the IDL array, then grabbing a float*
> from an input typed array would have observably different behavior in
> situations where the page has defined a property getter for an indexed
> property on the typed array object in question.  Unless the WebIDL
> indexed access takes priority over user-defined properties, which I
> think it might for the moment.

You're right about that btw; if an object implements an interface that
supports indexed properties, then its [[GetOwnProperty]] internal method
will never look at the prototype for array index properties, and you can
also not create own array index properties on the object.  So I believe
the optimisation that Glenn mentions is possible.  But I think the right
thing here might be to make the changes to distinguishability to make
this overloading valid.