Re: Vestiges of [Supplemental]

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 20:52:46 +1000
To: Travis Leithead <Travis.Leithead@microsoft.com>
CC: "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>, "ian@hixie.ch" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Jonas Sicking (jonas@sicking.cc)" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "simonp@opera.com" <simonp@opera.com>
On 8/09/11 9:42 AM, Travis Leithead wrote:
> This appears to be one of the only cases for [CopyInheritedPrototype] in WebIDL, and if we don't want/need this to be available anywhere else, I'd prefer not to have to support it.

Indeed.  I've removed [CopyInheritedPrototype] now.

Travis, I'm interpreting this as an "accept" resolution to your comment
LC-34 (request for [CopyInheritedPrototype] use cases).

Ian, I'm interpreting your original mail in this thread as a request to
add support for the use case that [CopyInheritedPrototype] would've
solved, which this is a rejection of.

If both of you could indicate whether this is response is satisfactory,
that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Cameron