Re: Removing 'caller' from WebIDL

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:08:59 +1200
To: Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.org>
CC: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, public-script-coord@w3.org
I agree that we shouldn't be proliferating the use of callers any
further than what is necessary for compatibility.  I don't think it
would be any/much of a burden to have a callable collection class for
document.all (and whichever other ones need it) and a non-callable one
for the rest, including new collections.

I'm open to removing "caller" from Web IDL if people think that's best,
and I'd be happy to suggest wording to be added to the HTML spec to
handle the cases that do need to remain.