Re: Strict mode callbacks and setTimeout

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 17:58:11 -0400
To: "Mark S. Miller" <erights@google.com>
CC: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Luke Hoban <lukeh@microsoft.com>, "es5-discuss@mozilla.org" <es5-discuss@mozilla.org>, public-script-coord@w3.org
On 7/6/11 5:48 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
> Where is this requirement? (I'm not doubting it, just requesting a
> pointer. Thanks.)

http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#es-operations (draft as of July 4,
2011) says:

   The characteristics of such a corresponding property are as follows:
     The value of the property is a Function object whose behavior is as
     follows
     1) Let O be the result of calling ToObject on the this value.
     2) If O is not a platform object that implements interface I, throw
        a TypeError.