Re: Strict mode callbacks and setTimeout

From: Mark S. Miller <erights@google.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 14:48:49 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu>
Cc: Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, Luke Hoban <lukeh@microsoft.com>, "es5-discuss@mozilla.org" <es5-discuss@mozilla.org>, public-script-coord@w3.org
On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:

> On 7/6/11 5:36 PM, Mark S. Miller wrote:
>> Why? What breaks if webidl considers setTimeout to be a strict function?
> Then the this object will be wrong (in particular not be a Window) and
> WebIDL will require that the function throw.

Where is this requirement? (I'm not doubting it, just requesting a pointer.

I do see text about "method context", but this seems to be a distinct

The method context, when referenced by the algorithms in this section, is
the object on which the method for which the algorithm is running is
implemented (a Window <http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/browsers.html#window> or
WorkerUtils object).

This definition isn't exactly clear, but doesn't say anything about a