Re: whether [Callback=FunctionOnly] should be the default

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:17:57 +1200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
Anne van Kesteren:
> > Is the only reason for FunctionOnly event handlers?

Boris Zbarsky:
> Event handlers can't be FunctionOnly, as Cameron said.

I assumed Anne meant event handler attributes rather than event
handlers.  It’s clear event handlers added per addEventListener must
handle objects with handleEvent properties; for event handler
attributes, less so.

> The only thing that the web currently has that's FunctionOnly is the
> function overload of setTimeout/setInterval; in that situation there
> is no corresponding interface at all, historically, but if we want
> to specify it in idl we need an interface, sorta.

Yeah, I guess there was never (previously) any interface that gave an
operation name to use as the property to look up.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/