Re: indexed properties on NodeLists and HTMLCollections

From: David Flanagan <dflanagan@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 13:36:22 -0700
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, Allen Wirfs-Brock <allen@wirfs-brock.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org
> Cameron McCormack:
>> My plan was (and I’ve written a patch to the spec to do this but haven’t
>> committed it yet) to redefine [[GetOwnProperty]] (as opposed to [[Get]])
>> to make it appear like real own properties exist on the object.
> I’ve made this change now.  I’ve done it for named properties too, but I
> still need to do a bit of testing around that.

My new reading of this new definitions of [[GetOwnProperty]] is that for
interfaces like HTMLCollection that do not OverrideBuiltins, both
built-in properties on the prototype and expando properties on the
collection itself hide named properties. I'd like to double-check that
this is intentional since Firefox and Chrome seem to have named
properties hide expandos.

     David