Re: problems with §4.2.19 Arrays

From: Ms2ger <ms2ger@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 13:01:58 +0200
To: David Flanagan <dflanagan@mozilla.com>, public-script-coord@w3.org, Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
On 05/31/2011 06:14 AM, Cameron McCormack wrote:
> David Flanagan:
>> On the other hand, maybe DOM Core just needs to change attributes
>> back to a NamedNodeMap?
>
> I think so.  CCing Ms2ger.

In any case, we can't use NamedNodeMap, as Attrs aren't Nodes. However,
we don't expect many pages to use attributes in other ways than by
looping through them. In particular, even if we didn't use the WebIDL
array type, we would replace NamedNodeMap with something like

interface AttrList {
   getter(unsigned long index);
};

unless that breaks a significant number of sites. I certainly don't
expect to change the specification until it has been implemented by a
mainstream browser.

Ms2ger