Re: Fwd: [WebIDL] summary of topics discussed at TC39 meeting

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 09:40:25 +1300
To: Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@nokia.com>
Cc: public-script-coord@w3.org
Hi Art.

Arthur Barstow:
> Hi Cam - thanks very much for this summary; it's great to have this
> information!
>
> What's your best guestimate on when you think the spec will be ready
> to be proposed as a LCWD?

I had originally thought that by the end of the year would be possible,
but that’s not the case now.  I will likely be busy with SVG stuff for
the next couple of weeks, and by then the publishing moratorium period
will have arrivied.  That, and a fair bit of work is needed as a result
of the things discussed at the TC39 meeting.  I would say Q1 2011 is a
reasonable estimate.

> The latest ED [ED] says their are 26 editorial notes and Bugzilla
> shows 17 bugs [Bugs] but it's not clear how many of these must be
> addressed in v1 versus postponed until v.next.

To be honest, I hadn’t considered any of them as being postponable.  I
also need to translate the summary I mailed into notes/bugs, too.  If
anyone thinks there are topics that could safely be left until v.next,
then it would be good to hear about them.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/