Re: WebIDL: how to address the various audiences and constraints?

On Sep 30, 2009, at 14:27 , Arthur Barstow wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2009, at 8:16 AM, ext Robin Berjon wrote:
> We should probably seek input from the Team on the actual rules on
>>> this.
>>
>> Yup. Doug? Mike?
>
> We had a related thread a few weeks ago and Ian Jacobs provided some
> input:
>
> [admin] Spec dependencies and advancing a spec
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009JulSep/
> 0819.html

Ah thanks, missed that! So basically it need to be reported but there
are no rules. But presumably it needs to be reported because it is
grounds for refusal...

I guess that TWI makes use of WebIDL that is trivial enough that we
can make the case it won't change. So that probably keeps WebApps in
the clear for a while. We'll see how it goes for DAP, it's too early
to tell.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/