Re: Historical events

Thad,

 I’m new here, and don’t really understand the culture that gave rise to schema.org <http://schema.org/>, but it’s obvious to me that Event was designed specifically to model the types of events listed after the “such as…”, rather than to serve as a generic container for any occurrence in time, let alone period of time.  It feels a little surreal to be in the position of reiterating my discomfort with the notion of trying to stuff the Battle of Gettysburg into an object with properties like ‘doorTime’ and ‘performer’ on a mailing list frequented by people concerned with ontologies and the semantic Web, but here we are.

I’ll stop arguing the point now.  I’m not sure there’s any ROI for my application.  I can make effective use of Place, specifically LandmarksOrHistoricalBuildings (why is this plural?), and I’ll concentrate on that for now.

best,

Roger