Re: Historical events

Hi Roger !

Good points.  However...

It is all up to the consuming applications to extract value from any
structured data you provide.  Google, Bing, MyApplications, etc.

99% of the applications will understand what you mean when you say

    Event : Bronze Age

If a machine or application has difficulty understanding the Semantic
meaning of that statement ?  Then you can supply just a small handful of
additional structure to tell that machine or application what you really
mean.

    Event : Bronze Age
    sameAs : https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q11761

Your looking at the Event class description with the context of "...such
as..."  DON'T, we provide merely examples.  It is best to concern yourself
with only the leading description...
"an event happening at a certain time and location"

And where we already have an understanding that Location is ... OPTIONAL :)

In fact, in all things Schema.org and Semantic Web, the only must-have
property rule is that of "name".  Everything else is bonus structured data.
"Some structure is better than no structure at all"

Its very likely in the next release that we update the description to
simply be ... (which in my opinion we should have done long ago)

"an event happening at a certain time, this could include a location when
necessary. Examples, concert, lecture, festival, Bronze Age"

-Thad