Re: Historical events

After looking at it more closely I think I agree with Martin, unless
there's general agreement on the meaning of a type it probably shouldn't be
included.

"Significance" and "importance" are relative and only mean something if
there is agreement on several things: the group being compared, the
attribute being compared, and some qualifying percentile, e.g. top 5% of
mountains by height, top 10% of people by name recognition, top 1% of
websites by views.

Particularly about events though, maybe duration is an interesting
attribute, quite long events becoming named periods of history. With the
following types as a partial example, you could look for archaeological
events longer than a certain duration, and the results might possibly be
common named periods of archaeology.

*Event    AnthropologicalEvent    ArchaeologicalEvent    ArmedConflict
  CosmologicalEvent    GeologicalEvent    PoliticalEvent    ReligiousEvent
  EventLongerThan1Year        EventLongerThan10Years
  EventLongerThan100Years                EventLongerThan1000Years
          EventLongerThan10000Years
  EventLongerThan100000Years
  EventLongerThan1000000Years
  EventLongerThan10000000Years
  EventLongerThan100000000Years
  EventLongerThan1000000000Years
  EventLongerThan10000000000Years*

(These duration categories cover the age of the universe.)

Could this be a solution to classifying and finding "historically
significant" events?

Anthony