Re: Eurocentrism, incorrect unit abbreviations, and proprietary Royalist Engish (sic) terms

On the “not that this is important” theme, and as an example of how local
terms can be confusing in a global context, and visa versa…..

The term “Royalist English” is one I had not met before - consulting
Wikipedia and the Google doesn’t seem to help clarify.  US English,
UK/British English, AUS English, CAN English are all terms, for the
language I recognise, but not the form Joe uses.  Is there a definition,
beyond Joe’s person one?

I somewhat flippantly pose that question to highlight how the language used
in these discussions can easily hijack the tone and content of the
discussion away from the objective we all share of helping to make
Schema.org useful, understandable, and beneficial to as many on this planet
as possible [in their interaction with computing processes and systems],
regardless of their country of residence/birth, language, default systems
of units, or professional, political, and personal views and biases.

I am looking forward to the practical outputs that will arise from this
conversation.

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate