Re: Proposal – extension for Athletics

On 05/16/2017 02:22 PM, Aaron Bradley wrote:
> Work we've done with Prize so far has been absolutely with an eye to
> broader usage, with the description currently being simply "The
> prize awarded for an event."
>
> On that note is Event too restrictive?  I don't think so, as a prize
> is always awarded for some sort of competition, which is in turn
> always some sort of event - but would welcome contrary opinions.
> Apologies in the delay for sharing the full model, hopefully will be
> cleared to do so momentarily.

What is the event for which the Nobel Prize in Physics is awarded?

What is the event for which a Fields Medal is awarded?

IMO, a prize *may* be associated with an event, but may not be.

Also, I would alter the description to “*A* prize ...” instead of “The”
— there may well be more than one (gold, silver, bronze, e.g.).

~Chris
“Here’s a land full of power and glory; Beauty that words cannot recall.
  Oh, her power shall rest on the strength of her freedom;
  Her glory shall rest on us all.” — Phil Ochs, “Power and the Glory”