Re: Proposal – extension for Athletics

Chris,

For Nobel Prizes, they are given during a ceremony.  Officially on
invitations sent, correspondence, and the media press kits, it is called
"The 2016 Nobel Prize Award Ceremony", etc.
https://www.nobelprize.org/ceremonies/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-uNKf0Go9Y

For Fields Medal, recently it has been awarded at the "Opening Ceremony of
the International Congress of Mathematicians" where the next medals will be
given during the upcoming "Opening Ceremony of the International Congress
of Mathematicians 2018"

Your right in that sometimes prizes are given and there is no real event
*name* attached or some dramatic ceremony.  But the Event still occured
since there was a time interval that was spanned during the presentation, a
http://schema.org/Event  Unless no prize was ever given, then I'd say it
was a NonEvent, and never happened in our dimension :)

-Thad