Re: FRBR and schema.org

Hi Thomas,

I know schema.org has never been enclined to use [FRBR] to strucutre the
description of [CreativeWork]s.

Replicating the FRBR rules within the [generic] Schema.org vocabulary was
much discussed in the Schema Bib Extend Community Group
<https://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/> when proposals were being
prepared to make Schema.org more bib friendly, and in preparing the
bib.schema.org extension.   It was concluded that reproducing those rules
would be too complex but the use case of a related hierarchy of
CreativeWorks should be representable using Schema.

To that end the properties exampleOfWork <http://schema.org/exampleOfWork>
and workExample <http://schema.org/workExample> were added to CreativeWork.

Applying them to your use case summary:

   - Abstract Legislation
      - workExample = Legislation in a specific version
   - Legislation in a specific version
   - exampleOfWork = Abstract Legislation
      - workExample = Specific translation
      - workTranslation = Specific translation (This is an option for this
      specific case from bib.schema.org)
   - Specific translation
   - exampleOfWork = Legislation in a specific version
      - workExample = Specific file format
      - translationOfWork = Legislation in a specific version (This is
      an option for this specific case from bib.schema.org)

Hope that helps.

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate