Re: schema validator?

I find http://linter.structured-data.org/ to be quite good. It applies the
rules based on the canonical schema.org vocabulary as expressed in the RDFa
at http://schema.org/docs/schema_org_rdfa.html (unlike, say, Google's
Structured Data Testing Tool which is implemented based on some internal
rules at Google that differ from canonical schema.org).

Like almost any RDFa / microdata extraction tool, the Structured Data
Linter can run into some issues with malformed HTML and the like, but it's
the best of the bunch that I've used. And it's open source & fairly easy to
set up to run an instance on your own server if you don't want to have to
rely on an external service.