Re: Article Proposal

Hello again,

The microdata is now fixed in the following ways:

* corrected some itemtype values, which microdata requires to be full URLs
(unlike RDFa, which can use @vocab to avoid repetition)
* the items are linked together using isPartOf
* the same entities are described throughout (instead of six disjoint
entities), using @itemid

I used @itemid this time, since at least microdata parsers producing RDF
get the data right. Unfortunately, @itemid is (also) required to be a full
URL in microdata, and it is only allowed if both itemscope and itemtype are
also present. It's either that or using @itemref, which as I showed earlier
[1] is also somewhat cumbersome (it requires you to sprinkle in @id and
glue items together from disparate parts). Though if anyone more versed in
microdata can clean it up, please do.

I also added an RDFa version (which I find to be less verbose). I really
recommend to paste that into RDFa Play [2].

The examples are verified (using RDFLib) to produce the also added Turtle
example (minus some web page related details).

(Apart from considering the weight of the markup (which gets heavy with
this much granularity in once place), the Turtle is what I usually focus on
when I reason about the merits and flaws of various properties, types and
uses thereof.)

I also added a variant with less verbose precision (but using the same
properties of course): just an Article linked to a PeriodicalIssue
(skipping the volume and periodical). Notice that name, volumeNumber and
issn is used on the PeriodicalIssue, indicating that those are, scruffily,
"inherited" from the collections above. That's the kind of flexibility I
believe we're after.

.. By the way, why do we call this an Article proposal instead of a
Periodical proposal? Of course we go from an article to a periodical in
this example. But the focus in on periodical information, right? Something
which the Comics proposal could then build upon.

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]:
http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Periodical_Article_minimal#article.2C_microdata