Re: Itemprop for person

>>> On 13.11.2012 at 17:33, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
>
> I wonder if some library authority files indicate which is the
> pseudonym? LCNA does not, AFAIK. Anyone know?

The German National Authority File (GND) does. See this MARC-XML file for Agatha Christie in the GND: https://portal.dnb.de/opac.htm?method=requestMarcXml&idn=118520628
There you'll find extra-information on two of the name variants: "pseudonym" and "former name" ("Frueherer Name").

See also the record on Mark Twain: https://portal.dnb.de/opac.htm?method=requestMarcXml&idn=118624822 There you'll find information about the "real name" (Wirklicher Name") and about different pseudonyms.

I don't know how consistently information like this is covered in the whole authority file. Neither do I know what other authority files provide information like this.

The current RDF presentation of the record misses this information, though, see e.g. for Agatha Christie: http://d-nb.info/gnd/118520628/about/rdf

Adrian