Re: Course, a new dawn?

| But see also the difficult cases of courses that aren’t events that have
different modes in the email I just sent.

Making CourseInstance a subtype of Event does not mean that each actual
instance described *must* have start/end dates etc.

An online course instance may have a startDate but no location or endDate.
It may however have a url, which a face to face course instance would not.

If CourseInstance has a mode of delivery property you would not need to
create a Course for each delivery type.  Yet it would be consistent across
all the instances of a Course - the fact that one or more of the instances
does not have a location/time associated, would be just a matter of markup.

I think we are looking for, and getting close to, a simple-ish pragmatic
structure that can handle our many use cases and international styles.   It
may not be as ontologically pure as some of us would like, but if it does
the job I am sure it is something we can live with.

~Richard.

Richard Wallis
Founder, Data Liberate
http://dataliberate.com