Re: schema-course-extend: credential or award offered through course.

I agree with Richard in part.

First, the work on Course should *not be delayed* while the matter of a
credential type in schema.org is ironed out. So, with regard to Phil's
question #2, I think we should pick up on Richard's suggestion and declare
a rangeIncludes of Text and URL. However, I believe that Dan already
changed the range to Thing  in 'pending' because of technical issues with
referencing a non-existent type (regardless of what it is labeled).

Richard, as for the property name grantsCredential, I'd rather go for
something a little "softer" like relatedCredential partially for the
reasons you state--i.e. that an instance of Course does not "grant", some
authoritative agent does that. Second, while it is not impossible for a
single instance of Course to lead to Credential, that is most frequently
not the case in formal educational contexts. *However*, if we interpret the
current definition of Course to include a set/sequence of Courses ("...a
sequence of one or more educational events and/or creative works...") then
it can be akin to "course of study/degree/trainingl program" where the
result of successful completion is an instance of a (yet-to-be-defined)
Credential.

Stuart