Re: New use case for online courses schema

[removing a couple of cc's to people I know to be on the mailing list]

On 14/01/2016 12:33, Wes Turner wrote:

> Phil,
>
> It would be tragically unfortunate if we were to have scoped this WG
> and additional mailing list (where a github issue would have worked
> just fine); and were thus only able to add a type with a description.

We certainly haven't. Currently, the use cases require and the current
proposal has far more than a type and a description.

I disagree about the need for more than a github issue (evidently). I
think it important that contributions to schema.org are clearly backed
by a community and that the W3C community groups are the better means
for showing that.

I agree with what you write below about relationships etc. I think a lot
of it is already in the model that Vicky Tardif Holland proposed. Would
be interested to know how CourseUnit is different logically from
Course/EducationalEvent/CreativeWork.

Phil

--

-----
We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.