Re: CERN involvement in the W3C WebAC WG

Dear Melvin,

thank you for this additional information. I have sent the proposal to
my management and heard nothing so far. Next week, I shall re-edit it,
to add the elements you provided and send them a reminder. I'll keep you
and Tim informed.

Thanks again!

Yours

Maria

On 05.12.2017 17:42, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> On 5 December 2017 at 17:38, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com
> <mailto:melvincarvalho@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Maria
>
>     This is how we are using Web Access Control in Solid [1]
>
>     https://github.com/solid/web-access-control-spec
>     <https://github.com/solid/web-access-control-spec>
>
>     Solid is actively developed, with regular (daily) meetings etc.
>

> This is also referenced here :
>
> https://fedora.info/2017/11/27/spec/#resource-authorization
>

>     [1] https://github.com/solid/solid
>
>     On 23 November 2017 at 13:37, Maria Dimou <maria.dimou@cern.ch
>     <mailto:maria.dimou@cern.ch>> wrote:
>
>         Dear Melvin, dear Tim,
>
>         thank you for your attention. Here is the proposal with the
>         effort estimates:
>         http://cern.ch/dimou/personal/CERN-W3C_Collaboration_2017_proposal.pdf
>         <http://cern.ch/dimou/personal/CERN-W3C_Collaboration_2017_proposal.pdf>
>
>         I avoided concrete technical details and suggestions for WG
>         formation, until I get a positive reply from the CERN
>         management. As Tim knows, I've been submitting such proposals
>         for a number of years but the dynamics here are complex...
>
>         Thank you again!
>         Maria
>
>         On 23.11.2017 09:25, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>>

>>         On 22 November 2017 at 16:31, Maria Dimou
>>         <Maria.Dimou@cern.ch <mailto:Maria.Dimou@cern.ch>> wrote:
>>
>>             Dear Melvin,
>>
>>             just a kind reminder for the estimation of effort
>>             (meetings, paper reviews) that the WebAC work requires
>>             from its participants. This is my proposal
>>             http://cern.ch/dimou/personal/CERN-W3C_Collaboration_2017_proposal.pdf
>>             <http://cern.ch/dimou/personal/CERN-W3C_Collaboration_2017_proposal.pdf>
>>

>>         Hi Maria, that document looks great! :)
>>
>>         I mentioned this to TimBL (cc'd), who remembers you at CERN :)
>>
>>         The web access control work is actively used in software
>>         development with various projects.
>>
>>         The interaction is regularly, weekly or daily, but tends to
>>         be in places such as chat rooms (e.g. gitter) and github
>>         (issues), in addition to mailing lists and wikis.
>>
>>         The wiki is largely complete and ready to implement, which is
>>         what many of us are doing.
>>
>>         In terms of a formal working group, Tim did say we could
>>         possibly fire up a quick working group if needed, tho that
>>         would require a number of independent implementations.
>>
>>         I'd be happy to provide further data points in terms of
>>         usage, if you can give me an idea of what you're looking for
>>         and/or what would be helpful
>>
>>         Hope that helps! :)
>>

>>             Thank you
>>             Maria

Maria Dimou            maria.dimou@cern.ch     http://cern.ch/dimou
CERN / IT              CH-1211 Geneva 23       Switzerland
Tel:+41227673356       Mob:+41754113248        Fax:+41227669820