Re: Best practices for linking two ldp servers

Thank you Melvin and Markus. Here are my thoughts.

With owl:sameAs I can only link to my name or something very similar in a
different datasource. This could be perfectly fine, but my intention might
be to link to a collection of triples (say on a LDP server) because I mean
to direct the focus there. This might be built on the fly if I know , or am
able to infer every other triple that was linked by creating the owl:sameAs
link.

Maybe more generally I might say bshambaugh.org/foaf.rdf#me
scipeople:hasAuthored  http://bshambaugh.rww.io/ (great because it could
include multiple authors). A problem with this could be that it is not
generally recognized as a link in the linked data world. As an example, I
was using LodLive the other day, and it was programmaticly constrained to
follow only certain links (this makes sense b/c otherwise the graph would
be a mess to see). Perhaps rdfs:seeAlso could do, but it does not tell me
much semantically beyond a hyperlink IMHO.
If I wanted to create two LDP containers and have them be essentially the
same, then I could say http://localhost:8080/marmotta/ldpBrentsRWW-1
owl:sameAs http://bshambaugh.rww.io/ . I could then include this in other
LDP containers. I might want to however build a set of triples that were
associated with me that exist somewhere regardless of where they are
stored. Working at the document level of linking LDP containers might not
do the trick. Using scipeople:hasAuthored for each individual related
triple would it seems, but that is painful.

@prefix scipeople: <http://lod.taxonconcept.org/ontology/sci_people.owl>

-Brent Shambaugh

Website: bshambaugh.org