Re: Activity Pingback

From: Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 14:42:49 +0200
To: Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Andrei Sambra <andrei@fcns.eu>, Read-Write-Web <public-rww@w3.org>, public-webid <public-webid@w3.org>
Hello!

On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 2:21 PM, Henry Story <henry.story@bblfish.net> wrote:

[...]
>> I've checked it too. Melvin used his webid to send the pingback, but I
>> suspect that he uses RDFa for his profile, so my-profile couldn't parse it
>> (no RDFa support). That's why you're also seeing Anonymous and no picture.
>

> Yes, I'm using RDFa so just a little bug.  Perhaps I should serve turtle
> too, would that help?
>

> Perhaps we should remove RDFa from the spec for the moment. We currently
> have
> in section 2.2
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/#publishing-the-webid-profile-document
>
> "the document must be published at least in one of RDFa [XHTML-RDFA] or
> RDF/XML [RDF-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR]"
>
> If the RDFa parsers out there are not stable enough out there, then it is no
> good misleading
> people into using it. I am not sure I even have an RDFa 1.1 parser in java
> yet....

Which languages are needed? There are compliant RDFa 1.1 parsers in at
least C, Python, Ruby, Javascript and Clojure. See:

    http://rdfa.info/dev/

I'm behind the Clojure version, and I've made adapters for both Jena
and Sesame to make it drop-in simple to use from Java:

    https://github.com/niklasl/clj-rdfa-jena
    https://github.com/niklasl/clj-rdfa-sesame

(I've also made one in CoffeeScript:
https://github.com/niklasl/rdfa-lab/tree/gh-pages/js/rdfa)