Re: Introducing Ubuntu Web Apps: setting the web free of the browser

On 07/21/2012 03:19 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> This is a very interesting development.
>
> *Note:* Ubuntu is set to ship on 5% of all PCs in 2013
>
> http://blog.canonical.com/2012/07/19/introducing-ubuntu-web-apps-setting-the-web-free-of-the-browser/

As a former desktop developer (KDE) I can tell you that this is nothing
more than a few browser instances in combination with already existing
plugins for Twitter, GMail, and friends to different existing
Ubuntu/Gnome tools like Tracker or the HUD. The only special thing is
that they are all installed in Ubuntu and configured properly. A
properly configured KDE, OSX, or even Windows provides the exact same.

"Ubuntu WebApp" is just a buzzword. Nothing new to see here.

Cheers,
Sebastian

--
Sebastian Trueg