Re: Introducing Ubuntu Web Apps: setting the web free of the browser

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 15:21:47 +0200
To: public-rww <public-rww@w3.org>
On 21 July 2012 15:19, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a very interesting development.
>
> *Note:* Ubuntu is set to ship on 5% of all PCs in 2013
>

> http://blog.canonical.com/2012/07/19/introducing-ubuntu-web-apps-setting-the-web-free-of-the-browser/

"That makes Ubuntu the best platform for the web  secure, fast and
lightweight. This new feature is part of our drive to make the web a first
class part of Ubuntu. Weve already turned 40 popular web sites into Ubuntu
Web Apps and there are plenty more on the way. Its easy to integrate your
favourite website or interface natively into the desktop, and share the
result with all Ubuntu users. No other OS has come close to this level of
integration between the web and desktop."

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x7vF-AB7SF4