Re: Introducing Ubuntu Web Apps: setting the web free of the browser

On 21 July 2012 15:19, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a very interesting development.
>
> *Note:* Ubuntu is set to ship on 5% of all PCs in 2013
>

> http://blog.canonical.com/2012/07/19/introducing-ubuntu-web-apps-setting-the-web-free-of-the-browser/

"That makes Ubuntu the best platform for the web – secure, fast and
lightweight. This new feature is part of our drive to make the web a first
class part of Ubuntu. We’ve already turned 40 popular web sites into Ubuntu
Web Apps and there are plenty more on the way. It’s easy to integrate your
favourite website or interface natively into the desktop, and share the
result with all Ubuntu users. No other OS has come close to this level of
integration between the web and desktop."

video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x7vF-AB7SF4