Re: Signed Email WebID

On 7/16/12 1:15 PM, Jürgen Jakobitsch wrote:
> hi,
>
> concerning kingsley's last mail.
>
> i stopped signing my mail, because i didn't figure out
> how to create a NOT-self-signed certificate with a webID.
>
> gnome evolution and thunderbird showed them as broken
> and i didn't want to scare people.
>
> is there a standard way of creating a NOT-self-signed  certificate
> with a webID, without installing heaven and hell?
>
> any pointer really appreciated.
>
> wkr turnguard

This is where you need a service, assuming you don't have a server cert
from CA network. I wrote about this a while back re. configuring
Thunderbird to send signed emails where certificate had WebID watermark.

Links:

1. http://bit.ly/NrzHNY -- sending digitally signed emails using Thunderbird
2. http://bit.ly/Pa5XFV -- related posts

Company Web: http://www.openlinksw.com